Monday, November 28

Foo Fightin' & Car Trouble

Went to see the mighty FOO FIGHTERS last night. A two hour set in a big tent with a bit of a light show and all their singalong classics? Cracking stuff, marred only by my car finally giving up the ghost a little bit before. There I was, chugging my way down the Great North Road, nearing home, when my engine suddenly becomes a mite confused and starts to splutter. Pulling into the side it finally died and hasn't been heard of since - I am currently getting a bus to work and blagging lifts of people at 4am. Course, it could have been a lot worse, as I had just come off the motorway (no hard shoulders) and also had the great sage Justin Alves in my car, who had just happened to sign up with the nice people at AA (the automobile one) the previous week, thus we were able to call out a man in a yellow truck and get a free tow home.

In addition, an unexpected visitor made her way down here for the Foo's gig - known to the world as Jen Teetahhh, she called me up a few days ago from the airport, completely out of the blue, right when I was nursing a monster hangover. She's still here.

No comments: