Friday, November 11

My new home

I came to New Zealand almost four months ago, my express intention being to travel around the country and see all there is to see. I got slightly waylaid however, due to a slight lack of funds (travelling through Russia/China/Japan, having a big fine to pay in Japan and not working for a year all contributed to this), so my work/travel New Zealand has for the time being turned into work/live Auckalnd.

Auckland, in my humble esteem, is not a bad place to be for a few months. As far as big cities go, it is a lot cleaner than most, and the huge amount of coastline allows it to 'breathe' better than other places. The people seem friendly, and there is a huge Asian population, which suits me as it means good Chinese food.

So my plan for the time being sees me settling here for a few months at least, maybe as many as 6... and, if nothing else, it's bloody nice to have a bed and a room all to my own for a change - travelling the world and sleeping in the dingiest hotel room, on people's couches, trains, buses etc, takes its toll eventually.

No comments: