Tuesday, November 28

THE CHALLENGE

Sidestepping our usual idle chitchat on msn the other day, my brother Simon and I began discussing the nationalities of people we know. The results of this conversation, despite shining light on the fact that between us we don't really know an awful lot of people, pointed out that at the minute the both of us are acquainted with one or two persons of the Swedish persuasion.

Thus, taking this to the natural next step, we decided on a little wager.

We each have until April 1st to recieve as many postcards from the Scandinavian countries as possible. Postcards must be sent from the region, and it's 1 point per place. Anywhere in Norway, Sweden and Finland is eligible, and we've even decided to throw in Danish towns and things at 1/2 point per place, just because they have nice bacon.

Come April 1st, all postcards will be verified, and the loser will buy for the winner a fine bottle of triple distilled Redbreast Irish Whiskey.

As you would think, I'm as keen to see my brother vanquished like a foe of old as I am to wet my whistle on some fine Irish whiskey. However, I know the likelihood of this blog being widely read in any of the Scandanavia countries is about as likely as me winning the Miss Mongolia competition this year (although I was close runner up last year), so I'm asking any and everybody who reads this (except Simon) to search their old friend base and see if they can't convince an old comrade or two to send me a postcard!

All help appreciated. Oh, and one more thing - Simon hates small kids and he kicks puppies. So if you don't do it for me, do it for the children....... leave me a comment if you want to help. Together we can beat him.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Ah Pete. What a wonderful blog. It's like you've cut off the top of your head and poured out the contents. Very Peter-ish. I shall keep reading. But talk about me more.

James said...

Yes, I concur with Jen. It's almost like you've taken some random thoughts and clippings and pictures you've found and pictures you've taken and other old blog links, and written them all up in a series of entries onto one web page, in an almost diary format... but additional functionality, such as a handy comments box for people to write their own thoughts about the thoughts that you've written down.

Oh peter, will you ever learn?

Put those maps on that I sent you!

penfold tm said...

Jimmy, I'm very sorry, but I got lost in your little tirade... Each time I try to read it my brain ties in knots, but from what I can make out, aren't you just describing what a blog is generally accepted to be anyway???? And you too Jen. So less of the pointing out the obvious and give me some help with meeting scandinavian people soI can win a bottle of whiskey.

And what maps are you talking about Jim? I remember no maps.....