Friday, November 24

A smart shop assistant is worth her weight in gold...

This evening I accompanied Miki to the chemists and assumed a bored boyfriend stance outside while she bought some flu fighting drugs within. As she was lining up at the till, one of the assistants - there were about ten in this largely deserted shop - noticed me outside and reflected to her friend that there was a foreigner hanging around. Upon learning that I had come with Miki she asked Miki if I had come from Europe as I looked European. Miki, who has become used to people asking if I'm American, was somewhat suprised and praised the assistant for her observational skills and worldly knowledge, and posed her one further question; whereabouts in Europe do you think he comes from? "Australia?" was the procumbent answer........

No comments: