Sunday, January 7

piracy killed the video star

One thing I love about coming back to China after a few weeks holiday, aside from getting stuck into mountains of lovely dumplings, is the collection of new DVD's on offer from the shady movie shops and grungy street dealers. Today I picked up no less than 7 recently released monsters from Borat to Jackass 2, United 93 to the lipsmackingly delicious D.O.A, as well as a couple of golden oldies to boot. Nine movies in total. The tab, I hear you ask.... it all came to an astounding 63 kuai, which translates to 6 Euros 30 cents! (I work in Euros now because its much easier to convert). I think you'll all find that I do, in fact, win.

disclaimer: video piracy is theft, hence wrong, and is I do not endorse, condone or promote it in any way shape or form. I can't wait to watch Borat though...

3 comments:

penfold tm said...

Poetic justice: My copy of Borat is in Russian. There is no English. Bollocks. Still, DOA was awesome, probably the best movie in the world ever. Yep, even better than Mortal Kombat.

Anonymous said...

I think it is better to see movies in the cinema. It is a great night out, only ruined by the occasional pop corn seller

Anonymous said...

They can be very creepy